2. It will make you happy
3. It helps with stress for both doggies & humans
|Stress? What stress?|
4. It makes you and your dog look and feel better
5. It's a great way to make new friends
|Me and Trevor, Cooper, and Austin|
on one of the first Human Adventure hikes mom & I led
|Walking with Rocco of To Dog With Love|
on the greenway at BlogPaws
6. It's FUN
7. When you & your dog are physically fit, you can do even more fun things
Photo by Brian Padow, Canine Adventure
I'm six years old. I couldn't leap like this if I didn't walk every day, play fetch most days, and go for 2+ hour river romps two or more times a week.
|Too tired to eat the carpet|
|Demonstrating my good behavior|
9. $$$$$ - Dogs who exercise and maintain proper weight have lower vet bills and need fewer medications
10. Dogs who exercise and maintain proper weight live LONGER, healthier lives
Don't know where to start? See How to Keep Your Dog Healthy and Fit, Part I and Part II for some tips.
It's FitDog Friday!
FitDog Friday is a blog hop hosted by my friends SlimDoggy,
Peggy's Pet Place, and To Dog With Love. Check out our hosts and the other bloggers in the hop (see below) for ideas, tips and inspiration for getting and keeping your pups fit and healthy.