The sunshine award button - a beautiful orange
daisy-like flower with a blue sky in the background
The Sunshine Award has three rules:
(1) Answer 7 questions below
(2) Pass the award on to 10 furends (all that is required is to list the blogs you are giving this award to, but I've written a little bit about each)
(3) Let them know they received the award
I'm not big on following rules, but I'm going to give it a try.
These are the questions:
1. Favorite number? Zero, as in Mile Marker 0, Key West, Florida, USA -- the most dog-friendly and human-friendly place on the planet
This is me standing at the Southernmost Point in the USA,
in Key West, Florida
2. Favorite non-alcholic beverage? Number one favorite is hot dog juice, number two is untreated James River water -- which is great for swimming and drinking
Me in the river, with my friend Cisco the sheppie
3. Facebook or Twitter? My IT staff hasn't figured out Twitter yet, so for now I just do Facebook
4. Your Passion? MUD, hiking, sticks, grass, tennis balls, eating boxes
This is me pursuing one of my passions --
my snout is completely covered with mud
5. Favorite Pattern? Waves and dunes, although I also like spirals and meanders
6. Favorite Day of the Week? Friday, after approximately 5:35 p.m., Saturday, and Sunday, because mom and dad are home and relaxed and we get to do fun stuff. Wednesday is my favorite weekday because every Wednesday, my friend Tim picks me up and takes me and my friend Nicky on an Adventure Walk!
Me and Nicky on one of our weekly Wednesday Walks
Photo by Tim Kondas of Canine Adventure
7. Favorite Flower? Definitely daffodils, but I also like lilies
Me posing with big bright yellow lilies
This is me with yellow stuff on my head from sniffing the lilies
Now I'd like to pass the Sunshine Award on to 10 blogs that also spread sunshine:
Oh, Corbin - Corbin has been blogging for a while, so he may have already received this award, but I simply must give it to him again. Corbin's recent event, Blogville Pitty Post Day, is the epitome of spreading sunshine. The blog roll of participants included SEVENTY bloggers, who all blogged about the great things about pitties and pittie-like dogs and the utter ridiculousness of the discrimination they face.
Smile With Your Tail: The Adventures of Two Doodles and a Dane - This blog about the adventures of Daisy Boo, Sampson, and Dante features not only beautiful dogs doing great doggy things, but also excellent photography and wonderful scenery. They apparently have a very skilled photographer on staff (unlike some of us).
The Legacy Chronicles - because Legacy Boxer Rescue has brought sunshine to lots and lots and lots of boxers. We think what they do is awesome. Plus Casey is a great Boxer Ambassador.
Ruled by Paws - Brooke, Cessna, Aspen, Canyon and Rogue spread sunshine to their pawrents and their readers!
The Blogville Chronicle - because Editor in Chief Ruthie is keeping us all informed about everything of any importance.
Finn Howard - because Finn is a golden, and what are goldens but sunshine in the form of a dog? Finn has been feeling poorly and has an infection of some type, so I'm sending some extra sunshine her way too.
Gopher Sessions - Gopher is another golden, and a therapy dog, at that. Therapy dogs spread sunshine to people who need it most, and Gopher has been very busy. In the last 21 months, he has visited 1,789 (!) patients. Now that's spreading sunshine.
Marley's World - because we enjoy reading about the adventures of Marley, a dachshund who grew up in China but now lives in India. And we simply can't get enough of doxies.
Cheesehounds - Droopy, Smiley, and Kayah - because their photos make us smile! I love Droopy's ears and am very happy to hear she is all healed from her recent surgery!
Bernese Mountain Dogs @ Berntoak - Fizz (what a GREAT name) is Bernese Mountain Dog blogger, who blogs about life in Kent, where there apparently hasn't been much sunshine lately. But I think Fizz could bring sunshine to the rainiest of days!
I really enjoy blog awards because I think they are fun and a great way to get to know other bloggers. However, I know they can be time-consuming and some of us don't have full time staff. So we understand completely if you don't have the time or inclination to pass on the award. We won't stop enjoying your blog!
STAY TUNED FOR INFORMATION ABOUT GARTH RILEY'S FIRST EVER SILLY PHOTO CONTEST!
My mom has been working on the prizes!