Monday, May 27, 2013

Explain to me what all this BlogPaws is about?

If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, the weekend before last you were subjected to entertained by my numerous tweets about BlogPaws.  In response to these tweets, a friend posted on my Facebook page, "Explain to me what all this BlogPaws is about?"

Okay, I will try.

BlogPaws is a conference for pet bloggers and people in the pet industry interested in using social media.  But it's really so much more.  Imagine 500 pet-crazy people and about 100 dogs, cats, ferrets, rabbits, guinea pigs, flat pets, stuffed pets, and balloon pets at a Sheraton in Tysons Corner for a weekend of educational seminars, fun activities, and social events.  Sound crazy?  Oh, it was.  But we loved every minute of it.

I can't even begin to describe how wonderful it was to be around so many awesome people and pets, so I'll just hit on some of the highlights.  

One of the best parts of BlogPaws was that we got to meet some of our blogging, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram pals in the furs.  Mom and dad really enjoyed getting a chance to talk to them, and I enjoyed all the petting and belly rubs.

So what did I do at BlogPaws?

Met some very impressive doggies




Attended seminars








Sniffed other doggies



Played with other doggies



Got belly rubs



Tried my paw at being a videographer






Found a greenway and walked each morning





Took a walk on the greenway with Rocco the Havanese







Accumulated swag


Hung out with beautiful girls 













Had fun . . . 












perhaps a little too much fun




Overall, we had a fabulous time.  I was very sad when it was over.



20 comments:

  1. You got to BlogPaws! How awesome. I looked into it for next year, but it is just too far - maybe we can go if it comes back to the east coast at some point. Look at all that swag and all your friends and beautiful greenway for walking! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun you had at BlogPaws!! I don't live very far from Tysons Corner, and stopped in a couple of times because I was dropping off and picking up the baby chicks that "Flea" had--I got a glimpse of the fun, and next time it's in my neck of the woods, I'll be there, and hope you will be again too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Garth, that really looked like a FABulous time dude!!
    I loves the doggie 'train' with all the butt sniffs!! Pawsome!
    You sure gots lots of swag too! SCORE!
    Thanks for sharin'! And, how did that video come out?
    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post and fun to see it all from a dog's perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looked pawsome!! You looked like you had a blast and all those ladies around you must have made you very happy. Mommy would love to do that some day. Thank you for sharing your special event.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a pawsome time Garth. We wish we had something like that over here. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many women, so little time huh Garth?

    You DID have the best time! Look at all that swag you came home with. Did you get any new, really cool products that you could tell us about?

    We bet you came home and took a good, long nap.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like you had an awesome time, Garth, and got to make lots of friends! I bet everyone enjoyed meeting and hanging out with you too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really, really hope to go one day!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's just no place like it! Your photos are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish we had a BlogPaws in the UK, great post.

    Sheba.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hah, blogpaws looks AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photo essay Garth. The only thing you missed was Rocco with the lampshade on his head after the party Saturday night! Just kidding, Rocco ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this Blog Paws business looks like a lot of fun! I bet you took a loooong nap on the way home after all that excitement :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dude, it looks like you had a pawesome time! I wish Ma and I could have gone....I would've loved to meet pals in pawson!
    *high paws*
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the review and cant wait to see you at Wigglebutt Wedding! Be sure to share this post here: http://www.blogpaws.com/2013/05/share-blogpaws-2013-conference-blog-posts-here.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like so much fun. I want to go next year!

    ReplyDelete