Sunday, December 11, 2011

Hiking the Wahrani Trail

Jewels rolling in something stinky!!!
Marshall, our fearless leader!
Yesterday, Josh, Marshall and Cisco led our Dog Scout troop on a hike of the Wahrani Trail, near West Point.  Last time we hiked the Wahrani was in the summer time, and I brought home 25+ ticks with me!  This time was much better -- no ticks at all, and we all had a great time!  

Gauis, Jewels, Bunny, Juneau, Paisley, Peri, Sassy, Bug, Marshall, Cisco and I were all there, along with our humans.  We started promptly at 9:00 -- which was a first -- because the humans were cold.  To me, it was perfect hiking weather!  I even took a dip in the creek when I got a chance -- and I wasn't the only one!

I think we were hiking in circles, because we passed the same framed trail map sign 3 or 4 times, but we didn't care.  There were lots of exciting smells and big sticks!  And I hadn't been hiking with my friends in a long time, so it was great to be hiking together again!  I really missed them.  Plus we have a new troop member, Bug!  Bug started out as a foster, but she apparently stuck, so now there are four Shelties instead of three!  She seems to fit in quite well, and wasn't too intimidated by the crazy white dogs zooming around!

This is where we hiked:


This is my friend Gauis, the toughest, coolest dapple long-haired miniature dachshund ever!








I think Paisley had a great time!

So did Peri!

The woods were beautiful



Juneau heading back to check in with his mom



Bunny looked very cute in her hoodie

Treats?!?!

Jewels chasing Juneau

Marshall is such a wise old fellow


Juneau looks very concerned

Juneau chasing Jewels

Cisco's tongue is SO long!


Jewels is SUCH a cutie!

The Shelties

The humans began to to think we were lost




No comments:

Post a Comment