Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Favorite Things, Part One: MUD!!!

One of my favorite things in the world is mud.  Maybe because as a yellow lab, I look so good covered in mud, or maybe because it just feels so good to be immersed in stinky mud up to my tummy, but I seek out mud on all my adventures.  I even manage to get muddy while walking on pavement in the city!  But I find the best mud during our hikes along the river.

I'm lucky my mom lets me get muddy.  But she says she wishes we had a mud room in the house.  I'd LOVE a mud room!  What could be better than a room filled with MUD!

James River bank mud, the finest mud anywhere
Mud from the North Bank Trail, the stinkiest mud in Richmond 
North Bank Trail mud
North Bank Trail mud
Close up, North Bank Trail mud

Happy muddy dog
I'm really not muddy yet
Playing in the mud
Want a kiss, Mommy?
Pucker up

Muddy paws post Texas Beach hike
Close up of muddy paw
Tired muddy dog post Texas Beach hike
Playing tug in the mud with my friend Ollie at Pony Pasture
Mud and sticks are two of my favorite things

Getting muddy can be exhausting



2 comments:

  1. Oh, yeah, M-U-D! We absolutely love it too. Jan hates it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'm lucky my mom actually likes mud. When she used to play soccer, SHE was the one who came home covered in mud. Sometimes on our hikes, she gets muddy too!

    ReplyDelete