Saturday, June 16, 2012

I'm FEATURED!!!

Today is a VERY big day for me!  


Today I am the Featured Blogger on Pet Blogs United!  Pet Blogs United features new blogs every week, to introduce their members to new blogs, and to give new blogs some much-needed exposure.  I'm very excited and I really appreciate being featured by PBU.  I encourage you to check them out here -- they also do product reviews and provide all kinds of other helpful blogging information.


A Little History


I started my blog in November 2011, as a way to share my ridiculously cute and silly photos and tales of my adventures and travels.  I hope to make my readers smile and laugh, and to inspire them to get out and do more fun things -- whether it's hiking, learning tricks, doing therapy work, traveling, rally, agility, or any other activity to improve your animal-human bond -- even just exploring in your own backyard.


A Brief Bio


My name is Canvasback Thunder Rolls at Brookhaven and my call name is Garth.  (See What's in a name?)  Although it has been widely rumored that I'm part polar bear (see What ARE you?), and there have even been allegations that I may be part cow (it has been suggested that I'm a rare white angus), I am actually an English Labrador Retriever.  I am a trick dog and a therapy dog and a very active member of our local Dog Scout troop.  My most important job, however, is looking out for my rather clumsy and accident-prone mom and providing her with companionship and emotional support.  (I look out for my dad too, but he's much lower maintenance than mom.)


Mom, Dad and I love to hike and explore, and we love to travel.  I hope you enjoy my blog and that it perhaps inspires you to embark on your own adventures!


A Bit of Silliness


In a shameless attempt to increase my readership, I will be hosting Garth Riley's FIRST EVER Silly Photo Contest in July.  My staff is still working on the prizes and the rules, which will be announced soon, along with the dates of the contest.  So be picking out your silliest photo to submit, and follow my blog for updates on the contest.  The contest will be open to all creatures (except humans), even cats (very big of me, don't you think?), and will be open to bloggers and nonbloggers alike. 




Stay tuned for my Silly Photo Contest
Art by Zoolatry

Thanks so much to Oskar and Pam 
and Pet Blogs United for featuring me!  
I encourage you to visit PBU and visit other featured bloggers.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

10 comments:

  1. You got a friend in me Garth Riley! We think you are amazing and really handsome (blush). So glad to see you featured on PBU today. We love meeting new furends.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw you were featured today-very awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My you are one handsome fellow...just dropped by from PBU, looks like you love an adventure and I will add you to my list of pups to follow. If you get a chance drop by and see what we do for fun....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on being featured! We've met before but I haven;t visited so often.

    I like that you're being true to yourself. Being considered a rare white Angus cow just adds to your charm.

    Have a happy weekend.

    Huggies and Cheese,

    Haopee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heehee! Thunder Rolls? Dude. You must be one of those pedigree things! The beauty of us being half-breeds (even though our parents were both AKC pedigree things), is that we don't have a bunch of names. We just are who we are! However, I understand all about how you are not a 'dog' per se. I mean, Abby is a Hippobottomus (the only one in existence), while I am a person in a dog suit. So we could totally see the whole rare white Angus thing. We can't WAIT for the Silly Photo contest - clearly, Abby has a TON of material - the challenge will be picking the silliest photo of her!

    *kissey face*
    -Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fur a Labradork, woo are furry khool!

    Are woo sure there isn't some Sibe in there?

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're so glad we were able to put you in the spotlight, Garth! I hope you make lots of new friends!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being featured! Your contest sounds like tons of fun. I'll have to work on a grreat picture for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on being the featured Blogger @PBU. You thoroughly deserve the recognition.

    Sheba.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Garth! Lovely to meet you. We do love your blog! We saw you featured over on PBU which we think is such a cool website. We will be back for more as you look like a dog after my own paws (even though mine are much smaller than yours!). BTW, congrats on your Sunshine Award - I am particularly impressed with your mud passion - I think MUD is the BEST stuff ever.

    Woof.

    Groucho

    ReplyDelete