Liebster is supposedly German for "favorite". (German-speaking readers please correct me if I am wrong.)
As part of receiving the award, now I have to pick my five favorite up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers. This is the difficult part because I have lots of favorites.
Here are the rules:
The award is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers and deserve recognition. The rules are as follows:
- Thank your Liebster Blog award presenter(s) on your blog
- Link back to the blogger (s) who awarded you
- Give your top 5 picks for the award in a post with a copy of the rules
- Inform your top 5 by leaving a comment on their blog
- Post the award on your blog
Here are my picks:
1. Cabana of Ours for a Year. Cabana is a beautiful 3 year 7 month-old yellow lab girl who smells like Indian food! She was raised for Guide Dogs for the Blind, but decided she would prefer to be a playing dog than a working dog. (Can't blame her -- those guide dogs work really hard!) Cabana's parents are first time puppy parents, and we think they are doing a great job! Cabana's mom also sells really cool training treat bags (among other things) in her Etsy store.
2. Casey of The Legacy Chronicles. Casey is a very handsome and sweet 4-year-old rescue boxer, and he is a Legacy Boxer Rescue Boxer Ambassador. His job is to show the world how awesome boxers can be. (Now that's a sweet job!) He specializes in kisses and snuggling. Casey is only one of the ten contributors to the Legacy Chronicles, but he is the one I know best. (We have a soft spot for boxers because my mommy's constant companions as a young child were two labs and a sweet old boxer.)
3. River of Down River. River is a super-cute rescue beagle and cancer survivor who lives with a bunch of other beagles in Georgia. I bet they can get quite a chorus going! River is also a contestant in the the Cutest Dog contest on Animal planet. You can vote for him by going to the Animal Planet Decision 2012 page (here), doing a search for 'River' then clicking on the Five paws on the right. (We have an extra soft spot for beagles because Grampa Booga had a beagle named Amos who followed him around everywhere -- even to classes at UNC. One of his professors always called Amos' name when he called roll! And we have a picture of Grampa and Grandma Gayle in their wedding attire, getting ready to go off on their honeymoon, with Amos in the car with them!)
|I think River is the cutest, don't you?|
4. Tucker, Daisy, and Leo of Two Goldens and A Wannabe. Tucker and Daisy are goldens, but Leo is a CAT. (I know, I can't believe I'm associating in any way with a CAT, but the two goldens kind of cancel out the CAT.) Tucker is 8 years old, we're not sure about Daisy. But they're both very cute, and we LOVE goldens.
5. Jesse of Berner Tails. Jesse is a 7-year old Bernese Mountain Dog whose blog we just discovered when perusing the recently-joined blogs on Dogs With Blogs. Jesse is clearly my kind of dog -- he likes to go mountain trekking, and he even carries his own pack!!! It looks like I may have super-stiff competition for the Mango Minster Adventure Animal category next year!
I hope you enjoy these blogs as much as I do!